Tuesday, August 28, 2007

What I Got Free At Walgreens Tonight!

It took a little while, but my dh (husband) is proud of me for all the finer free things I get him in life! (He loves ice cream!) Here is what I got tonight at Walgreens. It took a $5 investment for the initial purchase.
4 containers of Dryers Chocolate Ice Cream
A Congratulations Balloon for Dave's 100th win! Go Patriots!
10 Dora and Sponge Bob bubble toys and candy for party favors in the near future.
A few pinwheels and toys to keep Logan happy on the trip.
Diego domino's for Landon. (Honestly I can't wait to play these with him, they look COOL!)
A $10 Walgreen's gift card for the next visit.
And lastly 8 bottles of blond hair coloring which are the items that I had to buy to get all the other items for free.
A huge rule in bargain shopping is that sometimes you have to buy the an item you might not really need to get the items you want for free.
They just fixed this deal (Wednesday so it is no longer working!)

3 comments:

Funky Cold Medinas said...

That sounds awfully complicated and what do you do with the hair color? Methinks I need to come back to Dallas for a lengthy visit and take some time for you to take me shopping - Lori-style.

carleigh said...

i don't understand either! if you had to buy all the haircoloring, how did it only cost 5$? i'll have to get out my math book or something!!

FordeFam said...

Hey, I want to come to that tutoring session as well!!! :) I am amazed! Did you have a coupon for the haircoloring?
Thanks for the sweet comment! I felt better after blogging and I think that I'm going to get one of those things that go in the backyard to keep her on a chord for a little part of the day. I think she's getting some pent up energy that she needs to get out! I'm not much of an outdoor girl...especially when I have to get everyone out there or leave anyone in here! Hehe!