Sunday, August 26, 2007

Landon Vacuumed by himself. He is a LITTLE MAN!

My three year old is already showing signs of being mature and I am now okay with the fact that he is turning four next month. Let me tell you what you have to look forward to in the future if you are a mom with a tiny one!

Landon is obsessed with Dave's shop vac. Last week he went into the garage, and without any prompting, got it out, took all the cushions off the couch, vacuumed it out completely, put the cushions back perfectly and put the shop vac back in the garage. He said "Mommy I vacuumed out the couch for you!" It really touched my heart! I praised him all day and told everyone we ran into about the great thing he had done. It was amazing!

So then I realized that he is old enough to help out around the house. WOW!

With Dave's busy schedule, I took advantage of this immediately! I flashed 4 quarters in front of him and asked him if he wanted to earn them. He said "Yes, for my piggy bank please!" So I sat on his bed and told him what he could do to clean his room. He cleaned the whole thing and wanted to vacuum with the shop vac agian, so he vacuumed it out as well!
I am seriously falling so much more in mommy love with him than I realized that I could. He says the cutest things and will randomly say "I love you Mommy!" It melts me to pieces.

I love you Landon David Granniss and I am so blessed that you are growing into a LITTLE MAN!
Pictures from the Splash Factory

7 comments:

Hollie Carson said...

What a precious family you have! Thanks for visiting our blog! So, you pumped 12 months long? Whew...it's definitely double the work. I contemplated quitting, but I just can't seem to do it. So, I'm going to pump as long as I can. I guess I'll take it week by week, month by month. I was just going through a really tired week, and really needed some encouragement to keep going. I'm already praying for baby #2 to be a champ nurser like yours. :) Did you nurse #2 for a year? How many years apart are they?

Janelle and Ella said...

Those pictures are adorable!! 4 years old...I'm glad you are handling it well. Such a sweet boy to vacuum all by himself!

FordeFam said...

Wow!!! Zoe has a few months before she's four, but she's showing signs of wanting to help around the house!!! I have been pleasantly surprised!!! I can't wait until she can vacuum!!! :) Right now I can tell her to get her basket and fill it with toys from the living room and take them to her room! When she does that Lenci follows her and thinks its a game! :) The other thing she specializes in is folding wash clothes and she can put the girls pjs away!!! :) Any little bit helps, and I always praise her for her great work! Thanks for sharing this encouragement! ;) Great job, Landon!!!

Lauren said...

Way to go, Landon! Lori, you are one great mom to teach your boys how to have a servant spirit.

Hollie Carson said...

Lori,
I have a "pumping" question for you. If you can email me asap, that'd be great. It's kinda urgent, and I don't know who else to ask since nobody has ever pumped this long, except you.
hughandhollie@gmail.com

Thanks~Hollie

carleigh said...

i've got to try the money incentive! audrey helps out, too, by putting her clothes in the drawer, picking up toys, and if i dump the silverware on the counter, she'll put them all up. she really loves to do that.

MamaCass said...

What a sweet little man.Ii am longing for that day when Tobey looks at me and randomly says "I love you Mommy." Precious!