Thursday, August 23, 2007

Mommy of The Month

My newspaper has come up with this great idea for Cedar Hill and Duncanville area moms. They have created an award for Mommy of the Month! Whoever they pick gets a family picture in the paper and an article about them. And $1000. Okay well maybe not $1000, I was getting carried away.
Well guess what? God continues to bless us. The paper chose me as Mommy of the Month for the first article, which came out today! As I continue the hardest and best season of my life, God continues to give me the encouragement I need. I feel blessed beyond belief for the article!
I hope that He will encourage you this week as well. Whether it is through a sunset, the precious words of a child or a helpful friend, there are so many ways that God encourages us as moms and gives us our own special Mom Hug!

Landon just said something to me that will keep me laughing all day. He grunted and said "mom the toilet is out of power." Holding up a plunger "I think I'll need to use this!" He saw Dave use one a few weeks ago and has been planning how he was going to try it out.

If there are any words of wisdom I could share with moms right now it would be this, if anyone ever offers to come over and clean your kitchen, push aside your pride an let them do it. Meaning say "Okay" immediately! I say this because in the past I have repeatedly turned down this act of kindness when a friend has offered. This time I didn't say no. God sent two of my servant friends with hearts of gold Tracy and Karri to clean my kitchen twice in the past month. With Dave's new schedule God new my breaking point and sent in the reinforcements. Thank you Lord for providing for my needs.

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh my gosh! What a cool honor!

FordeFam said...

Congratulations!!! That's so neato!!! :) What a great thing for your town to do for mommy's!! I would have cried if I got that award! :) Hahaha! I know you deserve it! ;)
Blessings!

Funky Cold Medinas said...

Well, send them on up to Atlanta. I could use a good kitchen scrubbing, especially since Gideon has now decided, at this late point, to crawl. I have an aversion to cleaning, except when company comes. And seriously, that's awesome about mommy of the month. How'd you get chosen? do they follow you around to ensure that you're loving, spanking, playing with, and relishing life with kids? I don't think I'll ever be mommy of the month...

Janelle and Ella said...

Congratulations on Mommy of the Month! Yea!!

carleigh said...

congratulations, lori! that is really neat. and for real, i'm sorry i'm not that good of a friend to come clean... i'm trying to keep my own kitchen up!!

Lori, Landon and Logan said...

Carleigh, You just had a baby, you are not cleaning my kitchen. And I did offer to clean yours a few weeks ago so maybe you should take me up on it next time. It's awesome to let someone help!!!