Thursday, September 6, 2007

What's Going On This Week!

My husband has an insane soccer schedule and he leaves the house at 6:30 am and gets home at 7:30 or 8:00pm. It is really hard but God is getting us through it and surprising us with blessings and His super amazing love.

One blessing he has given us is a family down the street with two babysitting age girls! One is 12 and one is 8. The 8 year old has really helped us out this week. She has played with Landon and Logan while I cleaned the kitchen and cooked dinner twice! It's really hard to get motivated to cook when your husband is not home to eat with you! I really just want to go to Chick-Fil-A every night. (Especially because the local Cedar Hill magazine has a coupon for a free Chicken sandwich. Did I mention I picked up three magazines? The sandwiches are so good!)

I am beginning to realize that God has placed us in a wonderful neighborhood. We are less than a mile away from Wycliffe Bible Translators. Recently I have met two different neighbors that work for them. One of the neighbors has chickens and I get to take the boys down for a field trip to pick eggs. The boys are so excited to see the chickens and the eggs are so fresh! Better than organic, in my opinion!

I changed The Bargain Shopper Lady web site into a blog form. I went to this great group this week called The Joy Of Connecting to get some fundraising ideas for Enjoy The City. One of the ladies thought it would be a good idea for sharing bargains. Louise had the coolest product called Barefoot Sandals. You have to check them out, they are featured on The Bargain Shopper Lady!

Tomorrow is the first MOPS meeting for our area and it is going to be too much fun!

We are taking the kids on a trip to Houston this weekend so my mom and I can go to a special baby shower!

Check out Carleigh's blog to see updates on her son who we call Hurricane McClure. (He's going to play football, I am sure of it.) Also her sister is going to be on The Family Feud next week so make sure to watch starting at noon!

4 comments:

FordeFam said...

I am totally there with you and the LONG hours by yourself! :) I also find myself having a hard time wanting to make dinner when Lee isn't going to be home to eat with us!!! :) I need to find a MOPS over here...MAJORLY!!! Praying for you! ;)

Linda D said...

Hello Granniss family! I told Eric that y'all said hi. I am happy to have another blog to add to my list of blogs that I keep up with. Your boys are precious. The oldest one looks exactly like his daddy...wow! Anyways, HIIII from Eric's wife that you dont even know :)

carleigh said...

hey, thanks for the shout out! hope you have fun in houston. i talked to maia yesterday. we're going to meet at the parks mall play area at 10:30-11:00. come with us! and anyone else who is reading this is invited too!!

Lauren said...

Hi friend! I am dying that I did not get to see everyone at the shower this weekend!!! Thank you so much for coming, though. I LOVE that you and your mom were there. You guys are awesome.