Monday, September 10, 2007

Daddy's In Charge for the day!

When daddy watches the kids, I have a rule and it is "what happens with daddy stays with daddy." Meaning that I am so thankful that my sweet hubby will watch the kids for me that I don't ask what went on. I figured that if I get onto Dave about something he might not offer to watch the kids again for a long time (or something to that effect). So I just say thanks so much sweetie and I'll take over from here.
Well sometimes the facts of what happens while mommy is gone is revealed. Especially if big brother Landon was left in the back seat of the truck with the hair clippers!
I wish I had taken a pic but I did not.
Here's the story. My dad and husband were taking the kids out to play at Houston's First Baptist in the play area. My dad needed to fix the battery in his hair clippers so he took a detour by his work. My dad makes battery packs, isn't his job cool? He fixed the battery and threw it in the back seat with the boys. On the way to church Landon got a hold of it and thought it would be cool to bug a patch out of his BANGS! Not the back or the side but is beautiful blond bangs! My mom and I went on an early birthday shopping trip and when we returned we saw the missing PATCH!
I had to take Landon in to Cool Cuts to get it "mended" and they ended up having to give him an army buzz to make it look good. So the moral of the story is that sometimes, what happens with daddy is found out and laughed about in good humor!

4 comments:

FordeFam said...

Hahaha! That is a great motto to have! I wish I could say that I have been that forgiving in the past, but it is amazing the things that children do when Daddy's in charge! Hahaha! One time, Zoe wrote all over her body with an ink pen and she was sitting right next to Daddy! Another more scarring moment was when Lenci took the (thankfully orange) permanant marker and scribbled all over Lee's favorite caramel colored leather chair!!! Ahhhhh! I was speechless for him! The beauty of it is that it almost blends since the colors are similar, but you can always see plenty when you look for it!!! Glad hair grows back, and I'm sure that he still looks darling! ;)

The Vandy's said...

wow, i'd love to have seen that picture!! i've always been afraid that audrey would find a pair of scissors and try to "cut" her own hair, since she's never had a haircut!! see ya tomorrow!

Lauren said...

Oh my gosh, that is too funny! I wish you had taken a picture!

When we were really little, I got the grown-up scissors and cut off all of Ken's baby curls, and when my mom caught us, I told her that boys should not have curls. The tragic part was that we had pictures scheduled to be taken the next day, and we went ahead and went through with it. Ken has like NO bangs in that picture. So funny.

MamaCass said...

oh that is too funny. I just took Tobey in for his first real haircut and it is very short and not as blonde. I miss his blonde bangs.