Monday, October 1, 2007

My Big Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Sunni got me into The Food Network by making her amazing brisket. It's better than a Texas Bar-B-Q restaurant ya'll (the word ya'll is used from reading Boo Moma and Baby Bang's blog too much)!
You would not believe what a boost of confidence this meal gave me. It was the best meal we have eaten with a family of four! Both my kids scarfed down two servings. This is huge since it was not pizza or spaghetti!
I wanted to make cookies tonight so I thought, I will search my new found recipe love, The Food Network web page (and we don't have cable so I wouldn't know what the real show is like). I found a recipe for My Big Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies!!! Doesn't that sound divine? Are they called that because you are supposed to make them big (the cookies?) or because they make us big ( our behinds?). I made them and I made them HUGE! Needless to say, they were a big fat hit in our household!
When you make cookies you have to use my secret ingredient for cookies which I am now going to share -Mexican Vanilla, which you can find at Cost Plus World Market. Mexican Vanilla has bourbon in it~ need I say more?
My husband had a Big Fat Shore House Christmas one year while we were at LBI in a beach house with 50 of his relatives. Dave ordered us all matching shirts that said "My Big Fat Shore House Christmas!" His family is big into humor and food so I told him that I just have to make My Big Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies next Christmas in if we go to LBI!

Here is Logan enjoying his Big Fat Chocolate Chip Cookie!

This is the biggest cookie I've ever seen!

Oh yeah!
My Mommy Loves Me!
So good!

7 comments:

MamaCass said...

Yes, I believe we are rooming together with Rebecca and Julie R. I am officially requesting some Big Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies for our room. Yum!

carleigh said...

hey, the cookies sound great... and you're right about the mexican vanilla. we would cross the border and get vanilla to cook with when we lived in mcallen. i've wondered where i was going to get some more when i run out. thanks for letting me know!!

Lauren said...

Yum! Yes, that website has lots of good recipes! So does williamssonoma.com.

Logan is so cute.

Lauren said...

Wow, I just looked up that brisket recipe, and it's so easy!!!! Brisket has always intimidated me. I will make it sometime! Thanks for the heads up!

Vicki said...

I get most of my recipes from the Food Network. I love the site! The other night we had guests over for dinner and we grilled out. For dessert, I got a "Grilled Banana Split" recipe from the FN and it was a hit.

Melody Slaton said...

Wow!! Good recipe ideas!! My husband, Dustin, would love if I could make a good brisket. I'll have to try it.

Yasmine said...

That looks so good, im going to try that tomorrow morning... thanks for sharing!!


btw my son has the same Diego plate :D