Thursday, October 4, 2007

A Tribute to Craig Biggio

Craig Biggio at 3000 hits!
Craig Biggio has retired! If you grew up in Houston loving the Stros, this may be an emotional time for you. As a little girl, I basically thought the world of Craig Biggio.
At age 10, I traded a very expensive Ken Griffy Jr. rookie card for a set of Craig Biggio rookies. The result? I now have a great set of Craig Biggio cards to pass down to Landon. It seems weird that Landon will never get to remember Craig Biggio like we did.

I'll never forget the day my friend Summer got great seats to an Astros game right behind home plate. When we found our seats we realized that we were sitting right in front of Craig Biggio's wife! She was so nice and told us many stories about her husband. She told us to go to a special spot after the game where the players drive out of the stadium. She said if we waved at her she would get Craig to stop and autograph our rookie cards. We went there and waved like crazy when he drove out, but his wife did not see us and he looked at us like we were insane. Oh the fun times!
Dave has now turned me into a huge Yankee fan, (why they traded Bubba Crosby, I'll never know) but it has helped ease the pain of the fact that Craig Biggio is retiring from the Astros. Check out Courtney's blog for highlights of Biggio's last game in Houston!
Who are the Killer B's without the lead stinger? They are a great memory!

2 comments:

carleigh said...

hey, if my memory serves me correctly, i share a birthday with craig biggio. would you check it and let me know? i didn't know that he was retiring!

carleigh said...

ok, it must have been one of the other really famous astros. don't know why i can't think of his name...