Friday, May 2, 2008

Saying Bye to DBU!

A little history: Dave and I met at DBU! Dave was getting his masters and I was getting my undergrad. He waited until I was a junior and then asked the president if he could take me out to dinner. (Since he was a coach.) I said "YES!"

We dated briefly and got married in August 2001!


We multiplied and to stay with the Granniss tradition of 100 years and continuing, we were blessed with two BOYS!

The Granniss Family

Landon age 4 and Logan age 2. Landon likes baseball (from mom) and Logan likes soccer (from Dad of course). Landon can hit the ball over the fence with a daddy pitch (no tee!) and Logan already holds onto the soccer ball and dribbles. We have high dreams for the boys! :)


Brotherly Love!



Closing this chapter in our lives to say "BYE DBU and FRIENDS!"

13 comments:

Amanda said...

These are great pictures. What a great idea to do that before leaving.

FordeFam said...

Oh my goodness!!! These pictures are precious!!! :) So much fun!!! :)

Lizla said...

Wow! These pictures are so perfect. What a great way to close this chapter in your lives. As you reflect back, you'll always have wonderful memories of what brought you two together and the blessings that came forth while in Texas.

Anonymous said...

That was very sweet!! It brought tears to my eyes...

Hannah E. said...

Love the pictures!
Aw, I remember when you two started dating...it was one of the most exciting beginnings of a relationship of any of my college friends. It's fun seeing how y'all have grown as a family and been blessed.

carleigh said...

the pictures are so cute, lori! i still can't believe you are leaving on saturday. it seemed so far away, and now it's here! please let me know if you need help packing!

Funky Cold Medinas said...

Lori - those are sweet pictures...DBU holds so many good memories, but I know God has many more he wants to create for you up NAWTH...

Lauren said...

Oh, these are such great pictures! I love the ones of you and Dave.

And 100 years of all boys?! That's really something!

Profbaugh said...

What beautiful pictures!! Thanks for sharing. I'm a regular reader of The Bargain Shopper Lady. I'm praying for you, your family and the move.

Much love,
~Cheryl

Coronel Family said...

Such cute little men you have! It's so hard to move, but so exciting to know that God has new things for your family. I hope that the move goes well!

Janelle and Ella said...

These are great! Oh DBU memories. They are so wonderful!! This makes me want to go there soon to take some pictures with Ella and Heath. It's so beautiful.
I'm glad y'all did this!! I know you guys will miss DBU a lot!

Melody Slaton said...

I agree with Hannah, it was an exciting event when y'all started dating. It was like a modern day fairy tale. I know you will be missed at DBU.

Alicia said...

Hey Lori
It is good to hear from you. I hope with you being in Con. you will be close enough to see Kasey, Adam and Ethan- I know she would love to see you! I know you will miss DBU but what great memories! Check us out at threegirlsandadaddy.blogspot.com