Monday, January 14, 2008

Our New Organic Smoothie Recipe

Landon and I have created a Smoothie Recipe and I wanted to share!

1/2 a large container Plain Yogurt
1/2 of a container of Strawberries
2 Bananas
Organic Apple Juice (to make it naturally sweet)
Ice

Mix them all together in a mixer except for the ice (add ice and mix again).

Another version for a more ice cream feel
1/2 a large container of Plain Yogurt
1/3 a bag of frozen Strawberries (unsweetened)
1/8 a bag of frozen blueberries (unsweetened)
Organic Apple Juice
You don't need ice because the berries are frozen!
Mix together!
We found a Vita Mixer at an estate sale for $10 and ordered a new top for it for $10. Saving us around $170! We love our Vita Mixer!

7 comments:

carleigh said...

i love homemade smoothies, but always have to add a little sugar, because they always turn out too tart! and i've used apple juice before! how is it not too sour?

Heather said...

Awesome Lori...glad you all are going to be up north this summer!! Maybe we can catch up!! My email is vannclan05@yahoo.com. I am looking forward to the secrets of your saving successes!!

Lori, Landon and Logan said...

If it's still tart then add more apple juice. I use the fresh stuff the one that is not from concentrate and it's really sweet.

MamaCass said...

Sounds yummy. We will have to try these!

Hannah E. said...

Mmm...can't wait to try it. Keep these recipes/ideas coming!

Lizla said...

Yum, Yum...we'll have to try your recipe with AJ. Mine always come out too tart so I usually add honey instead of sugar. Oh, and freezing the bananas and berries seems to eliminate the need to add ice cubes!!

Ephesians 5:10 said...

I'm a big VITAMIXER too... although I bought mine for like $200...got shafted but it was worth it. I make my smooties always with a vanilla yogurt base. I freez cut up banana's and strawberries so that I don't have to use ice cubes... it makes it more smooth. I also keep frozen blueberries and peaches in the freezer. To add a little fiber I toss in a TBL of organic flax seed. They're awesome!