Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Blessings Come In All Forms

We got to see snow in Connecticut while visiting Dave's family! Pictures to come!
I have a sweet story that I wanted to share.
Dave and I took Logan (21 months old) to breakfast with us on a date while Landon was playing with his cousins.
A very young man came in to eat while we were there and he smiled a Logan a bunch. When it was time to leave I went to the cashier and she said she was very sorry but they only took cash. I got directions to an ATM to get some cash. The young man came up and said I overheard your situation and I want to pay for your breakfast. He went on to say" You have really blessed me this morning. My wife and I have an 18 month old and are going through a lot right now in our marriage. I saw you pray before you ate and how you were with your son and it blessed me so much that I would love to pay for your meal in return."
I was so thankful for his kind words and giving heart that I was almost in tears. It is such a rare thing that a stranger would be so kind.

9 comments:

carleigh said...

that is really cool, lori. you never know when people are watching, and the example you can be. i hope you guys have a good rest of your trip, and can't wait to see your pictures!!

Janelle and Ella said...

That is really really sweet!

Funky Cold Medinas said...

Wow. Good for you. You're the queen of freebies, that's for sure.

Lauren said...

How neat!

Lori, Landon and Logan said...

Yes Audrea, God knows my love language, bargains and free stuff!

MamaCass said...

That is a really awesome story. Definitely not one you hear everyday!

Dawn Endres said...

Aw! That was really nice. I wish there were more people like that in the world.

FordeFam said...

This is such a sweet affirmation from God!!! Sometimes it's hard to know that all your hard work is paying off!!! Thanks be to God!!! ;) Have a great time up there!!!

Lizla said...

Wow, what a blessing!! You are absolutely right...blessing can come in all forms!! Thanks for sharing!