Thursday, November 1, 2007

It's A Great Day!

Today has been a beautiful day in Granniss Land!
Looking back on this week, My son got the 12 hour bug last weekend and and ear infection at the same time. So a trip to the doctor was necessary and a lot of cuddling was called for. I am at a point in my mommyhood that when one of my babies gets an ear infection, everything stops. There will be no cooking (darn!) anything I can say no to is cancelled, etc. So now after five days of cuddling (and not much sleeping) my baby is feeling better!
We ventured out of the house to find that our local car wash was offering a free car wash today as a promotion. I may have gone a little overboard saying "Bless you" and "Thank you" to the young man who was wiping down my car at the end, but they blessed me with a clean car! Now, when you have two or more children under the age of 5, your car can turn into a toy box at any time, cracker crumbs may find their way on the floor mats and it can get pretty gross. So this car wash lifted a huge burden off my shoulders. Had I know I would have paid the $10.99 much sooner, but since I am cursed as a bargain shopper, free worked just fine!
While we were waiting, my sons had a grand (not to mention educational) field trip watching the equipment clean our car. I also had an Enjoy The City Merchant packet and spoke to the manager who decided to put a coupon in our coupon book.
To sum it up, in 20 minutes, I got a free car wash, my kids were happy, I earned a signing bonus from my company. And best of all, my baby Logan is feeling so much better!

2 comments:

carleigh said...

sounds like a good day! and any day is good after a long week of sick kids. sorry to hear about logan. hope that landon didn't get it too!

FordeFam said...

Woohoo, girly!!! Great job! Wish I had been just driving by that free car wash!!! ;) Haha! Do those coupon books serve our area as well? Oh, and I think it may be feeling like zoo weather! :) I have personally had too many earaches to count, and several as an adult! No fun!!! Glad your little munchkin is getting better!